St. George College
Rules and Regulations
01 General Regulations
- The working day is divided into two sessions, the forenoon session of 4 periods and afternoon session of 2 periods. Attendance is marked at the commencement of the class. Latecomers, therefore, though permitted to attend class by the teachers concerned, will not be given attendance.
- Attendance is marked at the commencement of the class. Latecomers, therefore, though permitted to attend class by the teachers concerned, will not be given attendance.
- Every student must have the prescribed textbooks, laboratory records, dissecting instruments etc.
- Students must have put in a minimum of 85% attendance to become eligible to appear in the examinations. Leave application will be accepted only if the actual attendance marked already falls above 75% as on that date.
- Students who are absent from classes for 2 weeks or more at a stretch without the permission of the HOD obtained in writing, will be considered to have discontinued from attending college.
- Students remaining absent for more than 2 days for any reason (personal, co/extracurricular activities) have to submit the leave form duly signed within three(3) days after the leave period.
- When absence is caused by unforeseen events, application for leave must be submitted to the HOD as early as possible and certainly not later than 3 days after return to the College.
- Application for leave of absence may be rejected by the Principal, If it's not genuine.
- If the application for leave of absence is accepted, the student will be issued a form, which shall be filled , entering the number of hours/periods of classes missed during the period of leave of absence , authenticated by the concerned teacher. The form so completed along with leave letter is to be submitted thereafter.
- Tests are held periodically in every subject. Attendance cum progress report of the examination issued to the student and are to be shown to their parents without fail.
- The attendance and progress report of each student will be loaded on the college website www.stgeorgecollege.org.in (parents can access it using the password given to the student), Parents can get the user name and password, in case of any difficulty, from email@example.com
- Students are forbidden to organize or attend any meeting other than those of academic nature and approved by the competent authority within the College, or collect money for any purpose or to circulate among the students any notice or petition of any kind or paste it on the College notice board.
02 Management students Grooming Guidelines
MBA, BBA and B.com Programs are a professional business program; therefore, an image of professionalism and leadership is as important within the program as it is to the businesses in which students will eventually work.
- Full college uniform on Monday and Thursday
- Saturday casuals attire
- Business suit with a well-pressed long-sleeved dress shirt, belt and formal shoes polished and in good repair.
- Trousers long enough to cover your socks.
- Tucked in shirts
- Facial hair, if worn, should be trimmed and well groomed.
- Neatly groomed hair that is clean and out of your eyes.
- Do not wear earrings/studs
- Clean and neat nails of appropriate length.
- Coloring of hair is not allowed
- Business formals, Salwar suits, Pants, Kurtas, Tops, (No tight fitting or short tops/dress)
- Dress shirts, blouses, and sweaters (not too tight or low cut).
- Cropped tops, or any other top that shows your stomach is not allowed
- Clean and neat nails of appropriate length
Note: Any student violating the dress code will not be allowed to sit in the class.